New

Tamil Movie Reviews

Nanban Movie Review

Updated on : Jan 12, 2012

55502

Views:

4.01/5

User Rating:

Nanban Movie Review

Nanban - Tamil Movie Review

Riveting remake 

Remakes are never an easy task. That too to do the Tamil version of a Hindi movie that not just won rave reviews but also National award is a tough work indeed. But when director Shankar is at the scheme of things, one is obvious that nothing is difficult.   

Nanban, a remake of Three idiots brings together big names like Shankar, Vijay and Harris Jeyaraj. The straight question that pops up in our mind is whether the film lives up to the original. Indeed yes would be the answer. An entertainment in another level is Nanban. The movie speaks of flaws in our educational system in a lighter vein. In other words, it a mass movie from Shankar but without big noise. It is a different movie for both Shankar and Vijay.

Check out the Tamil Movie Review - 'Nanban'

Listen Review:
This text will be replaced by the flash music player.

Story

It is all about one man's intelligence in exposing the flaws of our educational system. A campus story with characters speaking on friendship, love and laughter.  Venkatramakrishnan (Srikanth), Sevalkodi Senthil (Jeeva) and Panchavan Parivendan (Pari) (Vijay), are three engineering students who share the same room in their college.

Venki  is studying engineering to pursue his father's wishes over his own wish. Senthil studies to raise his family's fortunes and get them out of poverty. On the other hand, Pari studies for simple passion in machines and devices. Pari is admirable and adrable character who believes that memorising definitions or doing what professors say won't benefit. He understands things and puts them to practice and achieves success in studies. He is more a practical man.

The principal of the college Virumandi Santhanam aka Virus (Sathyaraj) has ideas in total contrast to Pari. He loves other student Srivatsan (Silencer), who memories his lessons and gets good colours.

Pari comes across daughter of Virus Riya (Illeana) and falls for her.For Virus, Pari and his two friends is mere stupid’s. Thanks to Pari, both Venki and Senthil study well. Pari pass out in flying colours. Meanwhile Pari's heroics, wins him the adulation of all around. Pari helps his friends achieve their dreams. But after exams, Pari disappears. Venki and Senthil with Riya in the company begin their search for Pari. What they encounter in their search shocks them. Did they succeed in their mission or not forms the climax? 

Performance

A mass hero like Vijay to do such a role needs amazing guts. A man with great brains, he does all things in a casual manner. Vijay seems to have got under the skin of the character to excel. What more he looks trim fit and fine for the role of a student. Jeeva and Srikanth give him good company. Jeeva looks bubbly and energetic and Srikanth replicates what Maddy did in the original. Ileana is impressive and gets a meaty role to do while Sathyaraj as strict professor and Sathyan in a comical role impresses.  A cameo by S J Suryah and Anuya worth a watch.

Technicalities

Shankar strength lies i giving a technically-rich film. So is Nanban. VTV fame Manoj Paramahamsa's soft lens captures campus life in beautiful colours.

Crisp editing by Anthony adds beauty while Harris Jeyaraj's songs are foot-tapping especially Asku Laska and En Frienda Pola. Shankar's swift screenplay specializing making changes that suit Tamil audience is amazing. There are no dull moments in the movie  that makes it am engaging fare.

Analysis

A winner is already in Shankar's hands in the form of Three idiots. He seems to have made it crisply to suit Tamil audience. He has not made any big changes to the script and struck to the original. With Vijay underplaying his emotions and the star cast around playing their part well, Nanban ends up a sweet friend who you love to meet in your life daily.

Plus

* Shankar's direction
* Vijay's screen presence
* Loaded with humour

Minus

*Harris songs
* Predictable storyline 

Mark - 3.5 /5
Related News
Dhoni is based on a child’s aspiration to become like famous cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. It is the second directorial venture by Prakashraj,
Siva Karthikeyan's is paired along withOviya of Kalavani fame in this upcoming film Marina.
Finally director Shankar's Nanban, a remake of Three Idiots will hit the screens in less than 48 hours. The movie brings together big names like Vijay, Shankar, Harris Jeyaraj and Jiiva besides Sathya
Sun Pictures who seems to stay quiet for a long time with no release in hand will make their strong comeback says sources.
Vijay's Nanban is ready for its worldwide release tomorrow.
Hot Pictures Of The Day

Interview with Selvaraghavan

Interview with Selvaraghavan
Mayakkam Enna is a story for next generation. It will appeal to today's youngsters and there is a lot of novelty to it, says director Selvaraghavan.        

Monicka Interview

Monicka Interview
Monicka sings a happy tune Monicka is in joy for she had two films releasing last month Her films Muthukku Muthaga and Nanjupuram have hit the screens.        

Tete-a-tete with Sonia Agarwal

Tete-a-tete with Sonia Agarwal
The pretty lass is back She was the darling of Tamil cinema untill a few years ago. Making a beginning with Kadhal Kondein, she went on to leave an impact with 7G Rainbow Colony followed by Pudhupettai and so on.        

Supergoodmovies.com is a hindi cinema,tamil cinema,telugu cinema and kannada movies portal with Bollywood film news,kollywood film news, tollywood film news, sandalwood film news, movie news, actress gallery, movie gallery, spicy gallery, trailers,tamil movie reviews, telugu movie reviews, telugu cinema rating, box office collections and movies hit or flop, read and know your favorite actors interview videos, songs - movies review, movie reviews, music reviews, cinema gallery and many more. It's a complete hindi cinema tamil cinema, telugu cinema and kannada movies database.

Our Business Promoters:

Copyright © 2014 supergoodmovies.com. All rights reserved.